We are currently recruiting a Bookkeeper / Jnr Accountant at Head Office in Woodstock.
This role will be part of the finance team, responsible for capturing and managing the daily transactions of the organisation with a focus on accounts receivable. They will also assist in processing and reconciliations for financial reporting purposes in order to ensure efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
What will your main duties be?
- Assist in managing accounts receivable activities and database.
- Support company procurement process.
- Capturing, processing day-end files and reconciling it to supplier and customer invoices.
- Assisting in invoice payments by means of a supplier cash flow forecast based on their credit terms as per payment deadlines and reconciling account payable statements.
- Maintaining and reconciling bank transactions
- Verify store cash-ups to bank account
- Maintain general ledgers by means of processing bank accounts and accounts receivable.
- Reconcile monthly general ledger balance, invoices, customer statements and bank statements.
- Support the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested.
- Maintain all financial records and files as per the company policies.
- Maintaining age analysis where appropriate.
- Manage collection from debtors.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and account reconciliation reports according to company policies on a periodic basis. (processing month-end journal)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
What background do you need in order to apply?
- Accounting / Finance / B Commerce diploma or degree.
- Advanced Computer Literacy (MS Excel at intermediate-advanced level).
- Knowledge & experience with Xero accounting package (advantageous).
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the accounting industry.
What skills should you possess to make the most success of this position?
- Attentive to detail
- A strong degree of compliance
- Time-management & prioritisation skills
- A high degree of professionalism
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Stress management skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
weFix is passionate about people! Not only our customers but our staff too. It is very important that you buy into our culture and our value system.
If you feel you are the best candidate for this position, please send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org